With the TJB HAC 105 Invitational just around the corner on 2nd September 2017, there's no better way to enjoy an action-packed day of polo than with a delicious picnic eaten in the wonderful al fresco setting of Ham Polo Club.
With the perfect backdrop of thundering hooves and exciting lofted shots to goal, there's something magical about eating a picnic outdoors that makes the food taste all the more delicious.
To help you pack your perfect polo picnic, we've put together some tips for you.
1. Food safety: Nobody wants to remember your picnic for the wrong reasons!
- Make sure food has completely cooled before packing it up in containers.
- Don’t eat anything that has been left out for longer than two hours - or one hour if it's very hot outside.
- Pack some antibacterial wipes or hand wash.
2. Pack your food carefully - don't learn this one the hard way! Use resealable plastic containers to avoid messy spills in your picnic basket.
3. Keep it COLD! Freeze some water bottles - these are great for keeping your picnic cool all day long plus you can drink chilled water afterwards!
4. Aside from the food, the most essential item is a blanket. There are plenty of options available - from large and luxurious rugs to fit all your friends on to smaller wipe-clean versions for the kids (or clumsy adults!).
5. Napkins, plates, utensils and glasses - it makes all the difference and your culinary efforts will be far more enjoyable!
6. Prepare plenty of food, take your time and enjoy watching the polo!
Tickets for the TJB HAC 105 Polo Invitational 2017 are now available - don't miss out, buy yours today!